WANTED! Dream Edition Alto!!

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Buy and Sell WANTED! Dream Edition Alto!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kristen V
    Participant

Hi! I’d Love to have a plum Dream Edition alto recorder. Please let me know of any that may be for sale. Thank you so much!

Ken In Dallas
    Participant

You could not pry my Plumwood alto from my cold dead hand! I played and heard the difference in sound between the Plum and Pear. The Plum won hands down. I LOVE mine! I’ve had the alto over a year now and am about to buy a Plumwood tenor as well. Also (here in the States) people consider Baroque-style recorders a children’s instrument at first glance. The Renaissance shape of the Dream instruments seems to say ‘flute’ and therefore that I’m playing music on a ‘real’ instrument. Silly people.

Just don’t give up. People are asking silly high prices for used Plumwood Dreams if there are any on the market. I tell other players here to look at the difference between Plum and Pear prices. That bit more is not enough to stop a serious player from going for the Plum.

Kristen V
    Participant

Hi! Thanks so much for your feedback! 😉. Tone quality is so important to me, and I sensed this difference also between the pear and plum. Good to hear your verification. I MAT SELL A CRANMORE D VOICE FLUTE. Very nice, but holes a bit far for my small hands.)

DC
    Participant

The last time I looked the Von Huene Workshop website still had a used Dream edition alto plumwood for sale.

Kristen V
    Participant

Thanks so much! I actually sprung for it and just ordered one last week! I’m SO EXCITED! Waiting for the shipment from Germany. Ordered it from a Waldorf group. It was only $435 USD. But after shipping, bank charges and PayPal fees it was $540. Thomann is cheaper. Thomann sells one for $479 + 40 shipping to USA. No other fees or charges.

Anyway! Thanks! 🙂
    Kristen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.