The Young and the Reedless

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recordings and Videos The Young and the Reedless

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi

I have formed a recorder group called The Young and the Reedless, referring both to my love of the soap opera and my former career as a clarinet player. My group consists of me, myself, I and moi, I have a couple of playlists,

the latter also being featured in a website http://www.bachartoffugue.com

Regards, Kathy

recorderoz
    Participant

This is brilliant. The web site looks good too. I’d get rid of the “Under Construction”, you’ve got some nice content already, so leave it at that.

I have another hat as a harmonica player, and have done a similar video thing to yours, with a harmonica trio. Details at tonyeyers.com/tony-eyers-trio/

Mostly alto, plays with Balmain Baroque

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Kathy ,totally love it,is very awesome,would like to share some of my own stuff with you,but don,t know how to make a video like this ,ie ,what recording ,video,app do you need ,and can you do it on a iPad ? And how do you load to this forum,(I,m new at this forum Thing)Could you point me in the right direction?i,m really interested in if I can do this, with the same apps ,could we shoot each other a track and over dub it and have a internet recording session?a bit of I,you,me,much interested regards Firepony

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi recorderoz, and Kathy Williams Devries ,love the tony eyers trio,that is way cool,just checked it out,thanks for that,and Kathy ,ie last post,would love to have internet jam ,if possible?so I,m writing this because of similar interest,in music,and of both your videos ,Awesome, the only video I have to offer the world is on you tube,under categorie of sport,type in inline kiteboarding ,a board I made for lite wind days,is why it’s there,could come up as first on list ,name George Rasta ,I put the video there for my keen interest in kiteboarding,inline kiteboarding,and the music I play myself,drums homemade bass guitar ,featuring continuos melodica solo.Tamborine ,recorder, flugal horn,rythem guitar,etc,my ability to play is limited and can somewhat read music,so if you check it out and like it or not ?I, would love to be part of a internet recording sessions,regards Firepony.

recorderoz
    Participant

Thanks for the nice words, good to hear about your interest in recording. It’s proably best to get playing experience under your belt in the first instance. Kathy is very experienced player, I’ve been around the block a few times myself. For recorder, the thing to do would be to look up your local recorder society. Check out the list at learnrecorder.com/recorder-societies/

Mostly alto, plays with Balmain Baroque

Anonymous
    Inactive

My apologies but,I ,only have two recordings with recorder in them ,and tried to upload one to ,this site today,with compression ,but the files are too big,so if anyone would like to hear one ,you can email me at laahhara@gmail.com and I,ll send you the file regards Firepony .

Victor Eijkhout
    Participant

Great project, Kathy!

Victor.

Sorry I never got back to you, always busy with new recording projects and I moon light, well, daylight as a cat and dog sitter/dog walker. I record the tracks multitracking with logic pro x then video tape me miming to the music and splice it onto the audio using Vegas Pro and upload to Youtube. I also Skype, but duetting on Skype doesn’t seem to work too well because of the lag, or maybe that is because internet speed in Australia is really really slow.

Here is a little something I am working on at the moment. BTW I have just picked up a set of 415 pitched recorders, so expect Bach’s Art of fugue to be re-recorded!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.