Handel Sonatas – Accompaniment

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Repertoire and Music Handel Sonatas – Accompaniment

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Edward Plumer
    Participant

Yeah, I am a big fan of Team Recorder. I have gotten many great tips from Sarah’s videos. I just grabbed the Mattheson score off of IMSLP. I might try recording the three parts like she did, or purchasing her backing track. What reference pitch does she use for her tracks?

Edward

Richard Hureau
    Participant

It doesn’t say what reference pitch she uses. I assume it is 440. I think it would be odd if she used anything else since she is trying to sell these things, after all.

Edward Plumer
    Participant

Alternatively 442which is more common in Europe. For example, Bowman anthologies were in 442. I had to re-pitch them

Edward Plumer
    Participant

Looks like probably 440 as noted in “full details” page. Yay!

Richard Hureau
    Participant

You can tell the difference between 442 and 440 as an accompaniment for recorder? I’m very surprised considering that a recorder changes its intonation with breath pressure, how warm the recorder is, etc. It’s a constantly moving target, so for me I don’t think it would matter much.

Edward Plumer
    Participant

I pull my YRA-402 head joint out 2mm which allows me to use good pressure on average and still keep around A440. This leaves some notes with not enough head room to push up the 8cents to A442. Anyway, re-pitching a track is not too bad.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.