Error in Sweet Pipes SP2318 exercise 45?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Teaching and Learning Error in Sweet Pipes SP2318 exercise 45?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rex Kerr
    Participant

On page 11 of Alto book 1, exercise #45 there seem to be an error in that the first measure starts with a B that hasn’t previously been introduced. While I know the fingering for B and could just play it as written, I suspect that it really wants me to play something else, possibly a C, given that all of the other measures contains C,D,E, and F.

Anybody else encountered that?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Rex Kerr. Reason: spelling
    Ken In Dallas
    Participant

Alto Book One, Sweet Pipes SP2318, Page 11, Exercise 45? “B?”

… and while we’re here, I have a student in his 70s who’s never studied music before that I’m teaching alto to. I recorded and posted on SoundCloud a 14th Century duet that’s in the back of your book (Edi beo thu Hevene Quene – Page 41, Exercise 187.) It’s at about 35 bpm as he’s struggling with finger dexterity and timing, but you might find it interesting for an early duet experience. I’ll likely post it faster when he’s ready. If you’re interested….

https://soundcloud.com/user-391922944/alto-sweet-pipes-ex-187-pg-41-edi-beo-thu-hevene-quene

— k —

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Ken In Dallas. Reason: Failure to load Image. Add as attachment
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Ken In Dallas.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ken In Dallas
    Participant

Sorry – The attachment (Page 11) now appears twice for some reason – likely me.

Rex Kerr
    Participant

Interesting. Your photo attachments show a C, but in my copy it shows a B — looks like you have a corrected version, or I have a newly mistaken version. C seemed to fit the expected pattern the best, so I’ve been playing C there.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Rex Kerr.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ken In Dallas
    Participant

If only all the World’s problems could be understood and corrected so easily. — k

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.