Call for Pieces for Recorder Ensemble

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Repertoire and Music Call for Pieces for Recorder Ensemble

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mick Kahn
    Participant

Call for Pieces for Recorder Ensemble

CoMA enables musicians of all abilities to actively participate in contemporary music. Each year we issue calls for pieces for a range of performers. In 2015 we have five opportunities which are open to composers of all ages and nationality. Selected works from all calls will be workshopped at the CoMA Contemporary Music Summer School, performed by CoMA regional ensembles and included in the CoMA Library which makes them available for wider performance.

Composers are invited to submit original works up to five minutes in length for 3 or more performers. Composers may use any combination of descant, treble, tenor and/or bass recorders. Selected works (including all composers attending) will be workshopped by Consortium5 member, Emily Bloom at the CoMA Contemporary Music Summer School in August 2015.

Works will be selected by a panel including Emily Bloom.

See http://www.coma.org/calls for full details and application form. The deadline for submission is 30 June 2015.

Victor Eijkhout
    Participant

That reminds me. I sent some questions to Liz Herbert a week ago and never got an answer.

the call does not specify whether submitted works should never have been published or never performed before. In fact I don’t even see a statement that the work has to be specially written for this competition.

Can you enlighten me?

Victor.

Mick Kahn
    Participant

The answer is that you may certainly send in a work which has been published or performed before, but we would want to know the details. This isn’t really a competition as several pieces may be selected to be workshopped and also to go into the CoMA Library, as long as they are playable, contemporary and fit in with all the criteria in the brief. Any composer submitting a work who attends the CoMA Summer School will also be able to hear their piece workshopped and get a recording and some feedback.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.