Alternate fingering for E on Alto

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Teaching and Learning Alternate fingering for E on Alto

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Frank Maurer
    Participant

I recently joined learnrecorder.com. I used to play low E on the treble with LT L2 L3 but this site suggests LT L1. Is there any advantage of using one over the other?

Frank

Dick Mattson
    Participant

Hi Frank– T 2 3 works well when going quickly between E and F. T 1 works well when going quickly between E and D. When doing a scalar passage, say C D E F for example, it is most likely a matter of personal preference which E fingering you choose. Assuming that there is no intonation difference between the two fingerings on a given instrument which would affect my choice when playing in certain keys, my own tendency is to use T 2 3 as my standard fingering for E since I feel that it makes the recorder feel a bit more stable in my hands. That’s just my humble opinion. –Dick–

Mihaela Mack
    Participant

I feel exactly the same way as Dick. I tend to use L2 L3 on a regular basis for E. But I use L1 if I’m doing a trill going from E to D. I don’t see any difference in intonation on the recorders that I play for these alternate fingerings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.