Ecodear Recorders- How good are they?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Ecodear Recorders- How good are they?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jacqui
    Participant

The reviewer above found some differences. It’s baffling why Yamaha make two models and fail to market them with accurate info.

Descant and treble recorders.
    https://www.instrumentalists.freeforums.net

Ken In Dallas
    Participant

My guess is it’s more an effort by Thomann rather than Yamaha. It’s been common for manufacturers to cater to smaller market differences between contries. My guess is that Thomann offers both altos as it wants to become THE global music store as merchendising barriers become smaller over time. Their recent postal charge to the States was less than half what I pay the other way.

Ken In Dallas
    Participant

My guess is it’s more an effort by Thomann rather than Yamaha. It’s been common for manufacturers to cater to smaller market differences between regions. My guess is that Thomann offers both altos as it wants to become THE global music store as merchendising barriers become smaller over time. Their recent postal charge to the States was less than half what I pay the other way.

Largissimo
    Participant

Interesting… that could be a case of “a little knowledge is an expensive thing”!

Ken In Dallas
    Participant

The plot thins! I tried to order the YRA-42 B, but Thomann’s system immediately flashed that the recorder was not for sale to the United States. I wanted to tell them that Texas is an ‘altered state,’ but no further discourse was permitted. -k-

Jacqui
    Participant

Only now, after we’ve been discussing this for days, I am sort of half remembering that when the Ecodear range came out the 48B was described somewhere as for ensemble playing and the 402B for solo playing. (Aside: bit pretentious for a plastic recorder!). Anyway, I think Ken is on the right track because all those European music schools, of which there are many in Germany, will perhaps want instruments for ensemble playing, which are a couple of Euros less. Non of this matters. It’s how well you play it that matters.

Descant and treble recorders.
    https://www.instrumentalists.freeforums.net

Linden
    Participant

The plot thins! I tried to order the YRA-42 B, but Thomann’s system immediately flashed that the recorder was not for sale to the United States. I wanted to tell them that Texas is an ‘altered state,’ but no further discourse was permitted. -k-

Wonderful! And there’s no arguing with a computerised system…

Ken In Dallas
    Participant

After viewing the YouTube Jacqui posted above, I’m thinking that with that larger windway reducing clogging, the YRA-42 might prove an exceptional plastic instrument if its voice is like that of its sibling, the YRA-408 B. I wonder if Santa honors international trade restrictions.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.