Reply To: Bernolin Resin Recorder: Choosing between 415 Hz or 442 Hz?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Bernolin Resin Recorder: Choosing between 415 Hz or 442 Hz? Reply To: Bernolin Resin Recorder: Choosing between 415 Hz or 442 Hz?

Richard Hureau
Participant

Hey, that’s great! You’re in for a treat! The Bernolin resin alto is the best sounding recorder I have ever played (although I don’t have a lot of experience with high-end recorders). Its low and mid-range are soooo rich sounding. I do think you will be less happy with the highest notes, especially high C# and high F and G. As I understand it, the Stanesby, Jr model of recorder is deliberately designed to be best in the low and middle registers, with a little less emphasis on the high notes. Regardless, I think you will be very pleased. I’m crazy about mine. 🙂

High Eb and G require the use of the right pinky finger, by the way; otherwise they are sharp. The G requires both holes to be covered with the little finger; I forget on the Eb whether you cover both or just one. You should experiment.