Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…? Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Leonardo Ascorti
Participant

Please feel free to “weigh-in” on the foray into the “electric realm”, what you think, have perhaps experienced, and/or any sites that might assist me?…(I am familiar with a website entitled “Horn Fx”, however, it does not appear to be very responsive when I have inquired about issues regarding using recorders as opposed to loud “traditional” instruments…

If your main interest is in modern music with electronic intruments, you should probabily consider a “modern” recorder instead of a baroque model. They are quite expensive, but are designed to produce a louder sound particularly in the low register and a larger range (almost 3 octaves), so they blend better with modern instruments for rock / blues / pop music.
Mollenhouer in particular produces an electro-acustic recorder called Elody (actually VERY expensive).
If the player is skilled, also Ganassi style recorders (a modernization of a reinassance design) have a good sound for contemporary music, but require different fingerings and don’t have double holes, so they are difficult for non professional players.