Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…? Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Matteo Berra
Participant

Good evening Richard and Timothy.
A Renaissance festival in Tampa sounds very good and I hope that, dispite you expected more, you had a great time, Timothy!
I really like the idea of such a web paradise of the recorder player as the one you depicted, but doubt a wealthy benefactor is coming to realise it…anyway, yet miles far away from it, I’ve found a site: http://www.saundersrecorders.com/audio.htm – there is a list of instruments matched with relevant audio files: the recordings of the instrument are played by the shop’s owner (a very talented player, IMHO). Maybe you already know it…
Richard is right, fundamentally I’m not considering myself worthy of a expensive instrument; I’m just a self-teaching old student fond with baroque musics. Here in Milan (Italy) is not very easy to find a good recorder teacher, since this instrument is wrongly judged nothing more than a shrill toy while, as we know, in case a player knows how to correctly breath and toungue, it is marvellous.
Sticking to the matter of the instrument, I think I could give a try to the Ecodear since its not so expansive. (in fact, I’m beating around the bush for I don’t want finish to have a drawer full of poor instruments while eventually spending the same as for a single good instrument, as the Bernolin)
I was asking about the Mollenhauer prima bacause I have a Moeck soprano half plastic and half wood and it sounds much better that the whole plastic yamaha 300 soprano, but maybe the Ecodear is even better.
Still many thanks for all the precious advice you’re giving me,
Matteo