Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…? Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Richard Hureau
Participant

Yes, I kind of regretted being so emphatic earlier. I was just feeling my oats, I guess. I agree that Tim and I seem to be in general agreement here. I also used to put a lot of emphasis on cosmetics with recorders, but not so much anymore.

I think that the main advantage of any kind of plastic recorder is that it is much less likely to need revoicing. Even one like the Bernolin with a cedar block. Years ago in New York City, when I was just starting the recorder, it seemed like people CONSTANTLY complained that their recorder needed revoicing. They’d have it done and then would be unhappy with the results. Yikes! I have a drawerfull of wooden recorders that need revoicing. Grrrr. 🙂