Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…? Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Matteo Berra
Participant

Thank you very much for yours answers. I have found it very useful.
I’m currently playing (studying is more appropriate to my poor level) some baroque anthology on a Yamaha 314b.
Unfortunately, I’m obsessed with searching for a high quality tone, that for my taste should be round and mellow, never shrill as it is when I start playing my plastic alto from dry; I know you probably going to laugh but to my ears it seems as a little bit clogging really improves the timbre, diminishing or even abolishing any shrillness.
I’ve got to mention that I purchased my instrument on Amazon instead of having it revised by the expert hands of professionals as for Tim’s instruments.
According to Richard’s description, it seems as the Bernolin shall be value double as compared to my Yamaha 300 and that could give me that satisfaction, as concerns tone quality as I’m looking for.
Since it seems to be durable it could be my ultimate instrument as well.