Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…? Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Richard Hureau
Participant

I’ve been looking into this Aafab/Coolsma “polyester” recorder some more. It’s hard to find any info on it, but from what I can see, they consider this synthetic material as just another type of “wood.” I mean that they just list it amongst all the other types of wood (maple, pearwood, rosewood, etc) that you can buy their models in. So that certainly implies that it has a typical block made from another type of wood (usually cedar), and thus would be much like a Bernolin.

But yikes!, the prices are thru the roof with this pricing structure. Bernolin, in marked contrast, tells you all about his resin models and even tells you why they are 1/3 the price of his (presumably similar) wooden models.

One interesting thing – Coolsma even lists a TENOR model in polyester! Of course, it’s even more ridiculously expensive, but that’s the first I have seen like this. Too bad Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos won’t step up and review one of these for us! 😉