Reply To: Wood or Resin for an inexpansive treble recorder?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Wood or Resin for an inexpansive treble recorder? Reply To: Wood or Resin for an inexpansive treble recorder?

Matteo Berra
Participant

Thank you very much for your answer, Chris…by the way I knew you yet because I’ve watched some of your videos on Youtube: let me congratulate for your playing skills and your passion for this instrument (I’m your follower).
I must apologize for answering so late, but I’ve been busy last week and had no time to sign in in this Forum.
I strongly agree with you that a resin recorder is the best choice for a beginner.
I’ve fallen in love with the Bernolin instruments and started to save money to buy one of them. I’m passionate with Baroque music, thus I was thinking that I will buy the 415 Hz “A” pitched recorder, but I would like to have your opinion about this.
Since then I’m going to go on practicing with my Yamaha 314B that plays really good, albeit having the only flaw that clogs before you can say Jack Robinson.
Is the Angel recorder less subject to clogging? Maybe it’s not so easy to find for the italian market (I live in Milan).

Still many thanks,
Matteo