Reply To: Bernolin Resin Recorder: Choosing between 415 Hz or 442 Hz?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Bernolin Resin Recorder: Choosing between 415 Hz or 442 Hz? Reply To: Bernolin Resin Recorder: Choosing between 415 Hz or 442 Hz?

Pavane
Participant

Thanks for the reply. As you say, I suppose the combination of the wooden block with the unchanging windway roof is more stable than all wood, and the anti-condens fluid helps. In fact, I do have a bottle of his LM77 and I use it on my plastic tenor and I agree it does last well. I haven’t really used it on the wooden ones partly because it leaves a sort of grey residue and partly because I didn’t really think it would help much with a wooden instrument. I did a recorder maintenance course with Jacqueline Sorel last year (if you haven’t come across here recorders, website here: Jacqueline Sorel Recorders). She said you should never need to use anti-condens in wooden recorders – if you do, the block is not doing its job properly. My wooden instruments are generally good for an hour before they get too clogged.