Reply To: Advice? Tenor Flauto Rondo vs Comfort Tenot?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Advice? Tenor Flauto Rondo vs Comfort Tenot? Reply To: Advice? Tenor Flauto Rondo vs Comfort Tenot?

Ken In Dallas
Participant

I see that it’s five months since the last post here, but if you (or someone else) are still investigating Tenors, I cannot over recommend Antique Sound Workshop’s guide to Tenors: https://aswltd.com/guiderec.htm#tenor

I’ve played Tenor for 60 years. Everything you hear from most people about buying a Tenor is likely inaccurate. I wouldn’t buy a Tenor without playing it – maybe for a week. Most REAL recorder shops have try-out shipping systems. They also know what questions to ask of you. The most you can lose is the postage, which is much better than buying a lifetime of regret.

The Tenor is wonderful. It’s low register is an absolute joy. It’s high register is sometimes not as well ‘developed’ by some makers. I wouldn’t buy a Tenor till I could read to the top of its range chromatically and judge the instrument’s upper voice. Again, best to read the link above. — k