Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…? Reply To: Bernolin resin alto/soprano recorders vs. Aafab/Coolsma polyester recorders…?

Matteo Berra
Participant

Dear Richard and Timothy,
thank you so much for your advise.
It is some time I’m thinking to try the Ecodear but till I read Richard’s review on this thread I was convinced there was not much difference with my Yamaha 300: I was trusting a review asserting that the both instruments were identical as far as concerns to construction, both made after exactly the same model. Surely, the windway size is one of most important elements to be considered and Richard’s measure of it is a precious information.
Also, I’ve tried to listen to it, searching on Youtube, but I realised that stuff on Youtube is heavily influenced by player’s ability, microphone quality used for the recording, and acoustic of the recording room.
One of the best comparisons (IMHO) that I’ve found is the following https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni-QrN9PrGE where it seems not being so much difference between 300 and Ecodear Yamahas. Maybe the 300 sounds a little bit better. The player seems, to me at least, talented, the room is not properly a studio while probably the microphone is poor.
By the way, I would be grateful to you if I could add to my list some three of low priced wooden recorders, in order to have your opinion (You are both very experienced and you can appreciate nuances in tone): Mollenhauer Prima, Adris Dream and Denner.
Do they worth their price tag or should I try the Ecodear maybe while waiting to be more skilled as to completaly appreciate the Bernolin?
Thank you,
Matteo