Reply To: Next step after Yamaha YRA-28B Alto (towards a Bernolin Resin)?

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Next step after Yamaha YRA-28B Alto (towards a Bernolin Resin)? Reply To: Next step after Yamaha YRA-28B Alto (towards a Bernolin Resin)?

Katia J
Participant

Richard, I do love a good mystery. I searched high and low for that technical info about the two windways with no success. And given that they’re all made in Japan, why bother to make more than one of nearly identical plastic instruments at the same price point with both marketed in the UK. I’ve no idea what it’s all about. But, they’re great inexpensive instruments and we all benefit by having choice.

Also, I think I’m coming down with Pandemic Internet-purchasing disease. I have no real need for it, but I’m thinking of buying up on my Aulos Alto to the Haka model 709BW. Have you come across any reviews? I’m very impressed with my Haka Soprano, but wonder if the Alto would play about the same. Thanks – k –

And, why are some marketed in one place and not another? (Yes, I know, desirability and sales, but why is one more desirable– or expected to be more desirable– in one place?)

And, is it really the Ecodear material that makes this instrument sound the way it does (as Yamaha claims), or is it the narrower windway (as many others claim)?