Recorder Lessons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jonnathan pluftree
    Participant

Hello, I would like to know if the lessons in this website are in vídeo. If not, you guys know any anyone else who teach recorder from the beginning to the most advanced level in vídeo-format?

recorderoz
    Participant

This site is just a forum for recorder players. I think that the lessons you are referring to are the ones at LearnRecorder.com I’m the creator, they are not in a video format. As far as I know, there are no other recorder teaching sites, video or otherwise.

There is some material at the American Recorder Society site, likewise some at the Dolmetsch site. However, for the time being at least, I think that LearnRecorder.com is the most comprehensive online recorder teaching program available.

Mostly alto, plays with Balmain Baroque

jonnathan pluftree
    Participant

Hi, thank you for answer. About the site learnrecorder.com/ Could you tell me if there is lessons on rhytm , for exemple, how to count eight notes, and how to put the flute together? I never played any wind instrument before, so to start from zero would be the best.

recorderoz
    Participant

The lessons start from absolute zero, and teach fundamental rhythm and music reading skills. The idea is to lead a complete novice step by step to a good intermediate level. Those with some prior recorder experience can start part way through the course.

Mostly alto, plays with Balmain Baroque

Aulos303
    Participant

Sarah Jeffreys has an excellent recorder lessons channel on youtube

You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.