New player looking for advice!

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Teaching and Learning New player looking for advice!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mark barry
    Participant

. I’m brand spanking new to the recorder, and I’m very confused with the repertoire for the instrument. Pieces ranging in difficulty that is. I’ve played guitar for about 5 years, and have a well understanding of theory, reading sheet music, and developing technique. But I have no idea which piece I should learn first to get going in baroque style pieces. If some of you could offer some advice on what piece I should learn first that would be amazing! Personally I prefer pieces written by J.S. Bach, or Mozart if it’s possible to learn one of their pieces this early on that is.

Dick Mattson
    Participant

This site has gotten very quiet of late. My advice is to post your question on one or more of the Facebook pages devoted to recorders. You are much more likely to get multiple answers there at: 1) the recorder cafe, 2) flauto dolce, recorder, flute a bec, 3) flute a bec, and 4) recorder players n enthusiasts. Of these, #1 and #4 seem to be the most lively.

Carolyn Hanlon
    Participant

I would look at some of the easier Bach pieces, you can go to someplace like Sheet Music Plus (NFI) and look for beginner pieces. If you have a local music store, you can try there too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.