Musescore

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris Baron
    Participant

anyone interested in free and high quality software for musical composition should consider Musescore. it has a high quality synthesizer and many many useful features.
    they have recently come out with a new and improved version.

Tony Newnham
    Participant

Hi

Ive been using Musescore for a little while – initially the first version, and more recently the new update. No great problems, but I did have some initial problems with v.1 causing the computer to crash. No issues (so far) apart from a couple of very minor gremlins with the current version. Easy to extract parts and to transpose (as well as dealing with transposing instruments) – I needed Treble & bass recorder parts in Treble clef with C fingerings – dead easy. Reccomended – and you certainly can’t beat the price!

Every Blessing

Tony

recorderoz
    Participant

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I’ve been PrintMusic by Finale, a low cost (about $100) version of the main platform. It’s worked very well for me.

Mostly alto, plays with Balmain Baroque

Victor Eijkhout
    Participant

Two thumbs up for MuseScore. It’s very stable, and I’ve been using it regularly for something like a year now. And of course you can’t beat the price.

Chris Baron
    Participant

are you willing to share any of your compositions?

Victor Eijkhout
    Participant

Who are you asking?

Have you tried googling for “victor eijkhout recorder composition”?

http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Eijkhout,_Victor

Victor.

PS I use both MuseScore and Lilypond. The latter looks definitely better, but is harder to use.

Chris Baron
    Participant

i was asking anyone in the forum.

im looking at Four Candles and giving it a listen, it is very evocative. Great job!
    has anyone ever made a recorder from oak?

Victor Eijkhout
    Participant

Four Candles btw was not done with MuseScore but Lilypond.

Victor.

Tony Newnham
    Participant

Hi

My attangement of the Sussex Carol is in the files section of the You Tube Recorder Lovers group. “Praise God for the Harvest” is available to anyone who asks. I’ve also done a couple of other Harvest hymn arrangements including Flute &/or Clarient – most also with recorders. Just ask. One day I’ll find time to put a web site up – but don’t hold your breath! The Harvest arrangements can be heard on my Facebook page, except “We Plough the Fields” which had some problems – but that’s scored for Harpsichord/organ (I used a Viscount single manual as a poor man’s Clavierorgue), Flute & Clarinet – no recorders.

Every Blessing

Tony

recorderoz
    Participant

Victor- your Lilypond scores look pretty good. I’v used Finale Prntmusic for LearnRecorder.com, you can see the output here

Mostly alto, plays with Balmain Baroque

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.