Little bit of improv, tenor

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recordings and Videos Little bit of improv, tenor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aulos303
    Participant

I was just messing around with my Aulos 211 and came up with a little tune.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Aulos303.

You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing.

Jason Cone
    Participant

Very nice!

I’m a beginner, and mainly focusing on alto and soprano recorder at the moment, although I do have a tenor. I find the stretch on the tenor to be uncomfortable after only a few minutes of playing it. I’m hoping that will get better with more playing/practice.

Aulos303
    Participant

Very nice!

I’m a beginner, and mainly focusing on alto and soprano recorder at the moment, although I do have a tenor. I find the stretch on the tenor to be uncomfortable after only a few minutes of playing it. I’m hoping that will get better with more playing/practice.

What tenor do you have? This one is very forgiving

Jason Cone
    Participant

I have the Yamaha YRT-304BII. I don’t have large hands, so that’s probably a factor. That said, it’s been getting easier and easier to play the tenor, so I’m sure it’s just practice and developing the flexibility.

Aulos303
    Participant

I have the Yamaha YRT-304BII. I don’t have large hands, so that’s probably a factor. That said, it’s been getting easier and easier to play the tenor, so I’m sure it’s just practice and developing the flexibility.

Nice. I had an example of my current tenor (Aulos 211A) a while ago but I found playing it uncomfortable so I sold it. That was a couple of years ago, now I have another of the same model and its quite easy to play for such a big instrument.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.