Is Adler A440 tenor Baroque with NO LEVER

Recorder Forum Home Page Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Is Adler A440 tenor Baroque with NO LEVER

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jason Cone
    Participant

Hi! Absolutely! High Spirits is considered best by many Native American tribes.

Ok, my Yamaha tenor arrived today. Nice sound, but too difficult for my small hands to play.

I’ll check out High Spirits.

Sorry to hear you weren’t happy with your new tenor. For what it’s worth, when I first started playing a tenor recorder I thought it was too big of a stretch for me, too. You might give it some time: your hands do get used to making those stretches. If you haven’t watched it before you might take a look at Sarah Jeffery’s video on how to stretch the big recorders. She says she has “…really small hands…hand-span of 18cm…can [only] play an octave on the piano…[but] can play [large recorders]…it comes with practice…don’t worry…” Just something to consider.

Kristen V
    Participant

Hi! Yes! Been watching Sarah J’s videos for quite a while. It was those videos that inspired me to want a tenor. But truthfully It made me realize how much I love my alto, my gemshorns and my Native American flute. So I will sell it.

Kristen V
    Participant

Here is a sample of the nice sound of this recorder. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JZMBIpppuMc

Aulos303
    Participant

People struggling with tenor should try Aulos 211, very much a comfort tenor with its offset drilled holes.

You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing.

Kristen V
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve actually been getting used to this Yama tenor. The sound IS very nice after all. Playing it a lot with also my alto (and my lovely Lyre).
    Thank you! 😉
    Kristen

Aulos303
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve actually been getting used to this Yama tenor. The sound IS very nice after all. Playing it a lot with also my alto (and my lovely Lyre).
    Thank you! 😉
    Kristen

Oh you have a Lyre! Nice

Kristen V
    Participant

Hi! I have a 21” Lyre, a 28” “Lyre-Harp, 2 Gemshorns, now 3 Recorders (Soprano, alto, tenor), and a High Spirits 432 Native American flute. 😉 Oh! And a magnificent 432 Steel Drum that sounds like bells or chimes.

Below is a video on the Steel drum a few years ago in December. It has only 9 “random” notes — not even in consecutive order, and a center deep bass. Called the “Aeolian 10”. These 10 (essentially 9) random notes span 3 octaves, but it’s amazing how many tunes I can play on it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Kristen V.
    Aulos303
    Participant

Oh those pan drums are nice.
    I have a native American flute too, one made here in England. I also have a flute, 2 ukuleles, 3 guitars, a clarinet and 5 recorders

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Aulos303.

Kristen V
    Participant

Hi! Very nice! Another person like myself with music “in the soul”! 😉

Kristen V
    Participant

Hi! Very nice! Another person like myself with music “in the soul”! 😉

I’m getting used to the tenor, by the way. I DO like the sound. Notes are just awkward and a little hard to reach.

Aulos303
    Participant

Yea it takes practice. Perseverance.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.