Experience With Aulos ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark Adams
    Participant

Any One with experience with Aulos
    A 303 ADB Model ?
    Thank You, Mark

Mark

Matteo Berra
    Participant

Good Evening Mark,
    unfotunately the only experience I had with a Aulos recorder was listening to it playing on the Thomann’s website.
    May I ask you if you are experiencing any trouble with plastic recorders?
    I’m curious because I’m playing a Yamaha 314 and I noticed that the C (finger position 0123) yet in tune, plays really poorly. Also, it clogs in a few minutes.
    Reading on the web it is said that resin recorders, expecially Aulos and Yamaha, are good alternatives to wooden ones, but it seems to me that mine is very unstable, having harmonics continously changing as a function of accumulated moisture inside the woodwind.
    Thanks,
    Matteo

Mark Adams
    Participant

Hi Motteo,
    I have 4 of them 1 soprannio 2 Soprano & a Alto
    Really have not had
    That problem but I do warm them
    Up under my arm for 10 to 15 minutes to help reduce condensation especially on those cooler winner days you may be surprised by how well this works?
    Mark

Mark

Mark Adams
    Participant

I realize this will been a few ears But I do think ABS resin is superior to
    Wood being No break in time No limit on time played Low maintenance No treating against dry shrinkage and cracking damage,
    don’t have to send to Maker for break down thorough cleaning possible reboring & refinishing every few years !
    Richard Haka 17th. Century Fipple Flute maker turned the world upside down with his remake which was highly sought-after but his best were made of ivory none of the down falls of wood except if mishandled and drop it could fracture I think Haka would have viewed ABS resin
    Superior to Ivory as Ivory to his woods,
    with its density of ivory but darn near indestructible highly unlikely to break if dropped and for pennies on the dollar over wood !
    Mark

Mark

Mark Adams
    Participant

Probably should have stated that
    I do have woods too, its hard to
    beat the Beauty of real wood !
    I own a No name independent maker
    From Europe and a Mollenhauser Kynseter
    Soprano Pear Wood .
    Mark

Mark

Aulos303
    Participant

I have the Aulos 303A. Its not a bad instrument at all with a decent tone.

You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.