Difference between plastic and wood Mollenhauer Adris Dream

Home Forum Recorder Makes, Models and Maintenance Difference between plastic and wood Mollenhauer Adris Dream

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Blockflöjt September 12, 2020 at 8:28 am.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Blockflöjt
    Participant

I’m a recent beginner. I’m thinking of buying a Mollenhauer Adris Dream Recorder.

I wonder about the difference between the plastic and the one with a plastic mouth piece and wooden body?

My priorities and wishes are to be able to play as long as I want to in different climates without worrying to much about the recorder. And to be able to play/find the different notes fairly easy.

On my current plastic Yamaha YRA-402B Ecodear Alt I’m struggling with condensation as well with the low tone (F). I find it very sensitive and there is very “little room” to move before it turns sour. However I have never tried any other recorder, so don’t know how much it’s about the recorder and how much it’s about technical skills. (I know about blowing softer.)

Can I play the wood for several hours?
    How much more sensitive will wood be when played outside or transported in cold climates?
    How often should wood be oiled?
    Will it be less condensation with the wood or will there still be a lot of condensation in the plastic mouth piece?
    Is there “more room” when playing the low tone (or the higher 3, with a half tumb on the back) on a wooden recorder?

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Blockflöjt.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.